Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Fresh

I love that word and all the excitement it brings with it! Just think about it. There's nothing like fresh sheets on a bed. You climb in and the laundered yumminess is quite sublime. It never grows old for me. That wonderful feeling of Friday nights on clean sheets. I look forward to it. It makes me enjoy the task because I relish the outcome. Fresh flowers are the same way. I always check my local grocery for clearance flowers that need a new home. I love snipping and placing them into simple vases around the house. They are cheery and bring a sense of "cozy" to each room. I love seeing them. Again, it never grows old and I look forward to the next bunch I will bring home and put on display.
Fresh fruit that drips down your face and arms can't be described in words; it needs to be experienced.  It makes me anxious for warmer weather and the bounty that it brings. Sweet citrus, ripe melons and juicy berries all at their peak of goodness.
Fresh starts are by far the best of all things fresh. I mess up so many things, so many times, but I can usually start over. I can cut out pattern pieces again, rip out stitches, scrap a bad batch of cookies or catch up on scripture reading when I fall behind. I am so thankful that His mercies are new every morning! Each day I can move through it knowing that I might not achieve all that I set out to do. I will probably fall short in my own eyes or that of others. I will probably feel a sense of guilt over something I did or didn't do, but I can look forward to a fresh start Lord willing. I do hope you experience something "fresh" today!

No comments:

Post a Comment