Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Read Any Good Books Lately?

With school quickly approaching, I have started reading the literature selections for my 7th grader. The moms in our co-op take turns leading literature discussions, so I have to be prepared.  In the last 2 weeks I have read My Side of the Mountain, Snow Goose, Our Town, The Lilies of the Field and I am currently reading Homeless Bird.  These are all interesting books, but so far Our Town has been the one that has spoken to me most.  I think the topics it hits on are a bit above the students who will be reading it, but it certainly made me think.  Don't we all just live life and take it for granted.  We really aren't guaranteed another breath and yet we live like we are.  I don't savor the moments enough.  To look at my children and see their beauty, both inner and outer, to hold hands with my husband more often, to watch butterflies drinking nectar from weeds I can't stand-and yet God is providing for them.  It is all amazing, this life God grants us!  Live today and really enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment