Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Saturday, July 3, 2010

Simplicity Dress Finished

I cut this pattern out the other day and sewed it together in a couple of hours this afternoon.  I serged all my pieces and then sewed it up on my machine.  I love having finished edges inside these garments.  That Hobbylock is fast and makes everything look really nice.  This pattern called for a bodice lining, but after reading a post on Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing, I decided to leave that off.  It isn't see through and it is a summer dress.  Less layers mean she will be cooler in it.  I just turned down the top and attached the straps with topstitching all the way around the top of the dress.  It looks pretty good.  I still really don't like zippers, but I am getting better with each one I do.  I didn't have a light pink or white 9 inch zipper, so I went with ecru.  Note to self: don't use ecru with light pink.  Thankfully it went in pretty well, so you don't really see it.  This has to be one of the easiest patterns I have ever made. It actually fit her perfectly without any adjustments.  I did make the straps shorter, but that was it.  Hopefully I will get some pics of her tomorrow because she plans to wear it to church.

No comments:

Post a Comment