Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memory Board-repurposed

I found a really cheap ($1.75) memory board on clearance at Staples about a year or so ago. It is only a 12 inch square, but I found a perfect new owner-to-be for it. My sis-in-law is due in June and I made the baby the little quilt. She also has a daughter that I wanted to make a little something for as well. I talked to her recently and she has redone her little girl's room in Gypsy Spring by P Kaufmann. I found 3 different materials from that line and have put together a patchwork top to recover the board. Pretty cute. I was trying to decide whether or not to use big gem brads or make covered buttons from the fabrics to hold the ribbons in place. I think I will do the buttons. I think the gems are a bit too gaudy for me. It will be my first time using a covered button kit. I should have it done by this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment