Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Sunday, July 31, 2011

Back in the swing of things

Well we brought my very tired son home Friday. He slept the whole way home and slept most of the day on Saturday while I did up his enormous mounds of laundry. It is so good to have him home, but it will take him a while to adjust to being without all of the very good friends he made while he was there for 5 weeks. I have been busy this week preparing to have him home again, but managed to get in a few projects. I now have my camera back in hand! My Harmony needles came in the mail and I wholeheartedly agree with Samantha from The Handmade Dress: These needles are awesome! I have started a set of wrist warmers (courtesy my Chicks with Sticks book) in orange wool. I only knitted on the trip back from Paducah so I haven't gotten very far. I also wanted to post my comfy knit skirt, which still needs hemming. It is really just an around the house skirt, but fairly cute. I did the entire thing with my serger. I also have pictures of my quilt top that I finished in Hilton Head. I have bought a chocolate brown for the border and will use strips from fat quarters that match the quilt to do the final border. I am going to back it with the teal and brown polka dot material. I really like the look of this project. Lastly, I made another Sorbetto tank from Colette patterns on Friday. This one is yellow seersucker that I had left over from my daughter's sundress project. This tank pattern is so easy and turns out great everytime. I was surprised to see the flickr group for this project-there are tons of Sorbettos out there! You need to download this easy 2 piece pattern for free at Colette if you haven't already. Still working on school and helping with the barn, but trying to slip in crafting when I can. Such is life. Hope everyone had a great time of worship today. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment