Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Captain Crunch French Toast

While we were in Hilton Head, we watched Food Network quite a bit. On one of the Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives they highlighted The Blue Moon Cafe in Baltimore and it all looked good. My son loves Captain Crunch so when I heard the owner say "Captain Crunch French Toast," my ears perked up. I didn't add all the sugar to the egg mixture, but it turned out really yummy. I basically blended eggs, half and half and vanilla together for the batter. I crushed several handfuls of cereal and then used homemade bread (courtesy a lovely lady at church). YUM! You coat the bread in the egg mixture, coat the bread in cereal and then cook in a medium hot skillet with butter. The cereal starts to caramelize and gives the toast a slightly crisp outside, while the inside is soft and moist. My son said it was pretty good and he would definitely eat it again. I served it with a little whipped cream and drizzled it with syrup. Enjoy! I think this might be good with Cinnamon Toast Crunch too.

No comments:

Post a Comment