Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Thursday, August 25, 2011

Butterick 5474 Finished

I finally finished this apron that is for a friend. It needs a little final pressing, but I am so glad it is done. I sewed the buttons on yesterday. I ended up tacking down the collar in half because I felt like it was just too big or tall. I also tacked the sides of the bodice to the underside of the collar. They would look strange sticking out since I altered the collar a bit. This is a cute pattern but I had trouble with a few of the instructions. It was probably just me though. I used a vintage sheet for the "dress" part of the apron and orange cotton sateen for the apron overlay. It is very feminine and I might make it again. I won't use a stiff interfacing in the collar the next time. It would lay flatter I think without having to tack it. Looking forward to giving it to her tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment