Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ahh! October

Time seems to fly although it really travels at the same pace continually. It is funny that we say "time flies" because it is never any faster or slower. 24 hours in a day is what we have been blessed with. My problem is usually trying to fit too much in and not taking time to rest and relax. Instead we run at a dizzying pace all the time and end up never feeling rested. If I had better time management skills, I would probably feel better and more accomplished too. Oh well, enough on that. I have been working on several projects. I finally put eyes on the 2 pigs I had finished. My tiny 3rd pig is still needing a little more wool top-stitching before he gets his eyes. I plan on selling these little guys at the local craft fair in a couple of weeks. If they don't sell, I will give them away as heirloom baby gifts.


I also started serging some burp cloths for the same fair. (Still have a large stack to do). I have been using cute flannels and a couple of cordurory prints for the backings. These are really cute and simple. There are many tutorials out there in blogland, but I went for the simple, strong method. My serger does not like the higher count weave diapers. Last night the thick middle panel of the pre-fold diapers was causing my serger to make weird noises. I might end up having to sew them on the Necchi. I think that thing could sew thru steel! Ha.
We have also finished laying all the block for our retaining walls. We still have to put the cap stones on, but the ones that were delivered are horrible! The guy who will be doing some of the dirt moving and landscaping comes this week! Yahooo! Will post some pics soon. Have a marvelous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment