Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A new old rocker for me



I have a weak spot for cute rocking chairs. We have a fairly modern rocking chair in our living room and I enjoy it, but not anywhere near as much as I will this old cutie. We went to a place called Yesternook in Louisville to pick up an antique buffet that looked like one my husband's nanny owned and stumbled upon this little beauty. The cushion is very fat and it has buttons on the back. It looks as if someone tried to redo the wood, but did a horrible job. We plan to strip it down and stain or paint it as well as recover it. I happened to find some soft wide wale corduroy fabric in a nice neutral tan today. I think it will work perfectly and give something old a modern flair! The buffet needs work too, but it is a great functional piece for the up and coming dining room wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment