Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Saturday, October 20, 2012

Brother Embroidery and a Dresden Pillow


I really haven't had much of a chance to play with my Brother machine that both sews and embroiders. I am trying to get a few last minute projects for Christmas finished up. This was my first attempt at making dresdens. I did most of it back in May at my mom's before going to the quilt retreat. I used a Moda jellyroll that I bought for my daughter. These were made using the leftover strips from that project. It is intended for our little niece for Christmas. The Brother I bought has 5 alphabets pre-programmed and a set of script letters that are part of the "patterns". I used a sulky light pink thread and then used the quilting zigzag to do the outlining. I like the results. Can't wait to have an organized craft room so I can spend more time playing.

1 comment:

  1. This is really pretty, very nice work. I'm in the process of making my first Dresden and I'm also doing a pillow. I hope it turns out as nice as yours. :)

    ReplyDelete