Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Friday, September 10, 2010

Apple a Day-Keeps the Doc Away?

I am not sure about the validity of this old saying, but I think eating well can help you avoid those nasty doctor's visits. Our whole family loves apples. Last year I put up many, many bags and about three 16 ounce containers of apple butter. All of the butter was gone by early spring, but we still have a handful of bags of apple pie filling. I went to the orchard yesterday and bought 5-6 paper grocery sacks of Jonathon and Prima apples for only $27 . This weekend I will be up to my elbows in apple guts(if there is such a thing). I am planning on making "chunky applebutter" because that is our favorite on piping hot biscuits! Doubling the amount of apple butter this year, so we don't run out. I'll post my apple butter recipe later. I do mine in the crock pot overnight-YUM! It is less messy and it doesn't burn or scorch to the bottom. So hopefully we will be eating some by the end of the weekend. Will post some pics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment