Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Monday, September 13, 2010

Apples-Some butter and filling

Saturday was apple day. My kids all helped in some form or fashion for most of the process, which was much nicer than last year. Friday I cooked down enough into applesauce to start my apple butter. I do it in the crock pot overnight. So Saturday morning I added new applesauce to the cooked down butter and let it cook several hours longer. I froze or refrigerated 4 quarts, but I actually canned two quarts. We like "chunky" applebutter", so that is why you see pieces of apples in the jar. We also put up 20 quarts of frozen pie filling (Jonathons and Primas). I still have 1 1/2 bags of apples to do. We had a death in our church family yesterday, so I will be doing some cooking for that sweet family today. Hopefully I can finish the apples today or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment