Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Friday, September 24, 2010

Breakfast from the past

I don't get to see my mom very often, which I hate, but every once in a while I do something or say something that makes me think "that was so my mom!" This morning I took biscuits from last night's dinner and split them open. I put butter on them and then broiled to a lovely golden brown. Then I put my homemade apple butter on top. YUM! Mom never let bread go to waste, neither did my grandma. I remember mom splitting open biscuits for us when I was little and putting strawberry jam on top. My kids now eat leftover biscuits this way too. I love sweet memories! On another note: we had one skillet chicken a la king (our weird version of it anyway) last night over biscuits, which was equally yummy. We got in late, so I wanted something quick. Here is a simple recipe. 2-3 boneless chicken breasts, cut in small pieces and cook thoroughly After the chicken is cooked add 1/4 cup water or chicken stock (if you have it) to pan over medium heat and add 1/4 cup frozen peas and 1/4 cup frozen sweet corn I like it with celery and carrots, but my kids don't). Cook until peas and corn are tender. Then take 1 can of cream of chicken soup and mix with 1 cup milk or half and half until smooth. Add this to skillet and simmer until heated through. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon over fresh hot biscuits or toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment