Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Monday, April 2, 2012

Cloudy with a chance of hex April BOM's

Well my mom and I have already been sewing on our April Craftsy blocks of the month. The only thing I have left to do is stitch each raindrop hexagon with silver and white metallic thread for effect. Amy(the instructor) did a sun hexagon and 4 rays made up of tiny hexagons. She said to be creative and I decided to take it to heart. I printed a coloring page of an umbrella off and traced it onto some of my yellow fabric. Then I used a black with geometric print for the stormy sky. All the hexagons are raindrops. I like it. The other was fairly easy. This month the focus was English paper piecing. I had never done it before, but it was pretty easy and I like the fun results. I have been up to my eyeballs with Etsy wedding orders, so not a lot of time to blog. I have 330 more to do this week and maybe then I can get to work on my baby quilt. I did manage to cut some of my half hex pieces out of my Moda French General Fa La La Christmas fabrics. I am making quilted table runners for family for Christmas gifts. I have worked a little on my batik quilt that I started last year at the retreat, but no pics so far. Hope to post some this week. Hope you had a great Monday readers-and GO WILDCATS!

No comments:

Post a Comment