Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Whoa baby! Whole lotta everything goin' on!

I am usually a low stress individual. I said usually...
I am feeling a bit of stress right now because I feel like I have many things I have to do and many things I want to do on my plate. I have already shared that I have 2 graduating in the next few weeks. The underlying emotions over them both leaving in the fall are certainly starting to come to the surface. I am planning a graduation ceremony with 3 other families that is exciting, but can also keep your brain hopping. Thinking about cake and decorations and the service etc. Homeschool graduations are different from typical graduations. We, by choice, spend everyday with our children and it is thrilling and heartbreaking to see them move on. I love that I have had the privilege to see them learn and grow and investigate and succeed on a daily basis for the past 20 years-wow I am old! Enough mushy stuff!
I also am working on the big paisley quilt. Just stitching in the ditch. Has to be finished by May 2nd. I am just learning how to machine quilt, so this is taking me out of my comfort zone. This thing is big and hard to manipulate, but I will get it done. It will be given away to one of the co-op families on May 5th. I won't be there, but I hope they enjoy it.
I also put together a Martha Stewart Pom last night. I got this kit with 7 poms in it (4 med 3 large) at TJ Maxx for $5. I didn't know how long they would take to do and since I won't get back from my quilt retreat until the day of graduation, I thought I better see how much time they would take. They are incredibly easy. 30 minutes and I could have them all done. The pic is of a medium one (pretty big in comparison to my 6 pound Yorkie asleep in the morning sun on a pillow). Neat concept Martha!
Still have the baby quilt to finish. She isn't due until August, so I have some time on that one.
Still have my sorbettos in process. I did make homemade bias tape for the first time last week. Pretty easy and fun once you get the hang of it. I am making it for my sorbettos out of the same voile.


Just some rambling from me today. Thinking about all of the lovely things to be done instead of doing them-HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment