Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A little quilting for a baby


I finally completed the sandwich today and wanted to sew a strip of the Riley Blake Scoot into the backing. So I undid the sandwich and cut the backing in half lengthwise and sewed 4 inch pieces of the duos in. I like it a lot better. More interesting than just the blue. I decided to use my walking foot and just do a wave stitch to look like the little hills the trains are going over. I am doing them a presser foot apart in pairs and then about 1 1/2 inches between the next pair. Make sense? I also wound a bobbin off of my swirled Maxi Lock and I love the variegated thread on the back. It is navy, red and white. Mowed some of the grass today, fixing pizza for a quick dinner so I can try to get more of this done. It is really quite fun. I am liking this quilting stuff the more I do of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment