Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Tuesday, October 19, 2010

New Skirt-Old Skirt Vogue 2885

Did you ever read "Old Hat, New Hat" by Dr. Suess? That is what this title made me think of. Going through all of the new hats in the store and discovering in the end that his old hat was perfect. It is almost that way with vinatge patterns. While there is a lot to be said for the comfortable, easy-fitting garments of today, there is nothing quite so flattering as a slim line 40's skirt. Vogue must have realized that. Most of the pattern companies have multiple RETRO patterns for sale now. I love getting these rather expensive patterns when they are $0.89 or $0.99. What a steal! I don't know that I am brave enough to try the lined jacket yet, but I am going to attempt this fabulous skirt. I found two nice large remnant pieces (that were normally pretty expensive) for $2.99 a yard. It is a beautiful teal, turquoise and cream. I won't feel so bad if the project doesn't go so well, but I would hate to ruin this lovely material. I plan to cut the pieces out today and hopefully get started on it this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment