Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Saturday, November 6, 2010

Ah-Hem!

HaHa! I really don't mind hemming, but preparing the garment to hem is not so fun (if you do it right).  I have had 2 pair of jeans and 2 pair of slacks waiting for me to "get busy" and hem them.  I love the jeans-got them for $5 a pair.  The slacks were clearance items under $10 as well.  That is why they are all too long.  Oh well, after using my little hem gauge and pins-I have 4 pairs of hemmed pants-GO me!  Now I can actually wear them and not just move or dust them(heehee). I also found this cute red and black plaid wool at Hancock yesterday and while I had enough to make a cute pencil skirt for one of my girls-neither one of them wanted one. My oldest said she would rather have a scarf.  I decided to go thin with it and add some cute sheer black ruffle (bought on clearance for less than a buck) at the bottom.  Turned out pretty cute. Probably spent about $1 to make this scarf.  The wool plaid was remnant, so the whole yard was $3. On another more depressing note, I am still working on tearing my waistband off my 1944 Vogue skirt (yuck!).

No comments:

Post a Comment