Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Saturday, November 13, 2010

Butterick 5435-finished

I think vintage aprons are so feminine. Hancock had their patterns on sale for $0.99 a week ago and I couldn't resist this cute retro pattern. I bought this material at Walmart . It was one of those 5 yards for 5 dollars. I know it is cheap cotton, but it is silky soft and has a really nice drape for the apron. The pattern has an optional pocket that I might attach later. It also has jumbo rickrack. I want the apron to be cute but usable, so I haven't added any of the extras yet. Now if I can get this waistband on surely I can get my '44 skirt waistband on too. I also finished the heel flap for my sock. I will hopefully post some pics later. This little apron just makes me want to go bake something and wear pearls while I'm doing so. Brings out the June Cleaver in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment