Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Saturday, November 6, 2010

Crockpot Beef Tips & Rice

I am currently trying new recipes for the crock pot. I am hosting a crockpot class for moms at our local pregnancy center in December and I am looking for easy recipes that have 5 ingredients or less. I also want them to taste good! This recipe is just one I came up with today and the meat is so tender and yummy. Cut up 1- 1 1/2 pounds of sirloin ( I found top sirloin steaks on sale yesterday at Kroger). Place a tbsp or so of vegetable oil in bottom of crockpot to keep meat from sticking. Add in one half of a jar of Kikomann Stir Fry sauce. It is pretty inexpensive and you can get it almost anywhere in the foreign foods aisle. It has ginger,soy sauce, garlic, sugar, etc in it. I am also using my rice cooker to make sticky white rice. I will serve it over rice and we will have a mixed green salad to go with it. Probably some fresh pineapple too! Can't beat a 3 ingredient crockpot recipe. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8. I would suggest adding more sauce or some water if you need to cook it for longer than that.
The crockpot seems to do wonders on cheaper, tougher cuts of meat. The low, slow cooking tenderizes the meat and it just becomes fork tender. It is also nice to have dinner waiting on you when you're ready to eat!

1 comment: