Well I finally finished removing the crazy waistband from my skirt yesterday and plan to just cut a new one to replace it. In the meantime, I decided to do a couple of things. First, I cut out a retro apron pattern for myself. Still thinking about the fabric choice. Second, I watched several tutorials last night on knitting socks. I figured out how to do a long tail cast on. I didn't do very well trying to knit with 2 sets of circular needles, so I tried the 4 double pointed ones. I have a small amount of success, but it is still success. I have to knit a 2 inch cuff for these "top-down" socks. I can do a little at a time on this project and hopefully get my sewing done as well.