Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Monday, June 14, 2010

Butterick/New Look Almost Done!



This is the wackiest dress.  It would never fit my youngest, so before trashing both bodices, I let my older daughter try it on.  IT FIT!  So now she will wear the dress.  I switched the bodice of the vintage Butterick for a New Look 6966 size 6 bodice.  This is actually smaller than my youngest by bust size, but it still gapped at the front.  My dress form is really too large for both my girls, but it is closer to my older one's size.  I had to undo some of the back seam that I had already sewed in order to accommodate a 14' zipper instead of the 22" the Butterick called for.  This is all getting way too advanced for me and my piddly sewing skills.  I sewed up the tie belt today from the Butterick pattern and it looks really cute.  Alli wants me to hem it right above the knee and add eyelet trim to the bottom.  Maybe I will get that done tomorrow if she brings home the trim tonight. Here are some pics.

1 comment:

  1. The dress looks very good. I just picked up the Newlook 6966 pattern today and was searching for others who had finished it.

    ReplyDelete