Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Simplicity 7655-House Dress Pattern 1968




I finished this Simplicity pattern today, which happened to be printed the year my husband was born-hee hee.  I was going to finish weeding the garden, but we had a lot of rain last night.  So it gave me a little time to sew.  This was a pretty quick pattern, even for me.  It was the first time I had ever done a collar.  Not so bad, but room for improvement. My 20" zipper went in pretty well.  Maybe they get easier the more you do them.  I still really don't like putting in zippers.  I just serged the edges of the pockets and zigzag stitched them on.  This isn't high fashion, it is for practical use. I wanted something to put on in the morning when I walk out to check the garden and the fruit, etc.  I didn't want to be in pajamas even though we live out in the country.  Sometimes you do see a car go by and I am sure they don't want to see me in my jammies.  My son wanted to know why I was making myself a hospital gown????  I showed it to him finished and he still hates it.  Oh well, he doesn't have to wear it!  I think I will enjoy it.  It is made of lightweight salmon pink cotton with tiny white polka dots. A nice breeezy house dress for the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment