Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Quilt Retreat So Fun!

Well I returned from my retreat at Oakhaven Resort Cabin 109 (see pics here) http://www.oakhavenresort.com/cabins/cabin109/cabin109.html with my sweet mom and I had so much fun! I learned several things: I can hand quilt-but not extremely well (yet), I can machine quilt so-so, and the quilting ladies from First Baptist Concord are pretty awesome! I am looking forward to many more quilts and definitely more retreats! I finished my daisy quilt-except for whipstitching the binding. I am thinking about machine stitching it. They sent me to a website to learn an incredibly easy way to do binding and it showed her machine stitching everything but the corners. Here is her website. http://www.sharonschamber.com/free%20stuff/images/Binding%20Class.pdf Also, if you have never used washable glue to hold your binding in place instead of pins, this shows you how. I learned that on the retreat too. Pretty amazing and easy! I will post some pics of my finished quilt soon. We made a couple of trips to the Cherry Pit and Iva's Machine Quilting and oh my! I just love fabric! I am so thankful my mom invited me to go because I ended up learning so much and have another sewing hobby that I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment