Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy 16th Birthday Thomas!

My son turned 16 yesterday, so of course today he is going to get his permit. That will make teenage driver #2 in our house. Wow! We gave him tickets to the August-RUSH concert in Ohio. He loves RUSH. He is both a drummer and guitar player and he really likes their music. So dad is taking him at the end of August to see them live in concert. He is pretty excited. Concerts are not something we typically do, but nobody else really likes one particular music group so much. We had a great dinner yesterday and then a little different birthday cake. I made a German chocolate chip bundt cake. I found several recipes, but I ended up modifying it a little. This recipe only has 1/4 cup of oil in it. It is very moist and has great flavor. It looks pretty and it is super easy to make. Try it!
1 German chocolate cake mix- I used Duncan Hines
1 can coconut pecan icing- I used Betty Crocker
3 eggs
1 cup water
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup applesauce
6 ounces chocolate chips-I used minis
Mix together everything but chips and icing. Once combined, add in icing a little at a time until incorporated thoroughly. Add chips and mix well. Spray a bundt pan well. Bake at 350 for 40-60 minutes. My oven cooks fast, so mine baked for 43 minutes and it is so yummy! You can taste the coconut and pecans from the icing, but if you really want more you could use another can of icing as a glaze. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love how the candles worked out _perfectly_! There were 16 humps on the pound cake and there were 16 candles! :D

    ReplyDelete