Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Monday, June 21, 2010

Colette Sencha Blouse

I made this Saturday and the Colette pattern was really easy to work with. I bought it when they had their summer coupon-30% off. It is my first Colette pattern. I used a very soft, lightweight shirting material in a soft pink that I bought at Hancock. It was very inexpensive and I have never done button holes, so I didn't want to ruin any good material. It is a bit thin to wear alone, but I will wear it under suit coats or with cardigans. The only thing I had trouble with, was the overlap in the back. It showed pics of sewing the side that would have the buttonholes, but not the side for the buttons. I assumed you did the same thing to each side, but I really wasn't sure. It turned out okay. A few of my button holes are a little large, but not too bad. I cut the pattern out on the wrong line (size 6) when I thought I was cutting an 8. It fits, but I would like a little more ease in the hips. The top part is roomy around the neck. I think I will adjust it some when I make it again. Overall this was very easy to make. The pattern pieces match up perfectly and the instructions are pretty thorough. I will definitely make this again and I might make view 3 that has a keyhole neckline and a tie. I used some of the vintage buttons I had from my husband's grandmother. He didn't really like the cream buttons with the pink, but I can always change those.

No comments:

Post a Comment