Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Monday, May 9, 2011

Appliqued Tea Towel Apron

Another project I completed while on my retreat was an appliqued tea towel apron (which could use a little ironing). Jane at the Cherry Pit Quilt Shop brought these and also some table runner kits as freebies when she did the trunk show for us at the cabin. These are larger than normal tea towels. This one is 20 X 27. It came with the instructions, which included the template for cutting at the armholes. She had also included some applique pieces that were already backed with fusible web, but I didn't care for them. I found a pretty flower in one of my mom's quilt books that was traceable and voila! I did the stem and leaves by hand and the flower on my machine. First time I have used the blanket stitch on my machine. It isn't easy on something as twisty as this flower, but I went very slowly and it turned out okay. Practice, practice, practice-I guesss. I love this apron because the channel for the ties allows you to adjust it for you. My girls can wear it and quickly make it fit them too. Anybody interested in the instructions on how to make one?

No comments:

Post a Comment