Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Friday, May 27, 2011

Baby Quilt Finished and A few YoYo's to boot

I finally switched everybody's sheets from flannel to cotton yesterday. It usually happens a little sooner, but the weather has been weird here. I washed and dried my baby quilt yesterday after finishing the satin binding. I figured if it all stayed together that it would be alright to give it away. I sat with my family last night talking about college and vacation and ended up making quite a few yoyos. Not sure what I am going to do with them yet. I have also been cutting strips of scraps to make a Gracie Jane Quilt. http://thegraciejaneproject.blogspot.com/p/graciejane-pattern.html I have MANY scraps that I would like to use up. This looks fairly simple. I might also make one of these belts. http://3punkmom.blogspot.com/2009/05/tutorial-calico-belt.html I also cut out a bathing suit top last night. I have never tried to sew swimsuit material but it does roll alot even when cutting. I have to get some tricot lining material before I can start it. It was a remnant piece, so it was cheap. That is the best way to practice I think. We have a graduation open house and a wedding to attend this weekend, so I doubt I will get much sewing in. Our air conditioner isn't working even though the repair man was here yesterday. He will be here again today. Thankfully it isn't hot, but it makes the house feel damp since it is so wet outside. I am rambling now so that means it is time to end this post. Have a lovely productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment