Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Little Bit of Doodlin' If You Please

I really love my Doodle Stitching book, but alas have had very little time to spend with it. Last night I decided to sit down and tackle two stitches. I chose the threaded running stitch and the fly stitch. They are both pretty easy to do. Actually the writier of the book makes them all look easy and she gives excellent instructions. I used 6 strands of floss. Most of them use the full 6 strands. I wondered how this curling stitch would stay in place and the answer is -it doesn''t. You can still physically move the thread under the straight stitches. It is nice to be able to even everything up at the end, but unless I was going to frame my work I would be a bit apprehensive to use this stitch on something that gets a lot of wear. I doubt I would use it on a quilt unless I could anchor the running stitch after I was done. It is very pretty and on something framed, I would use it in a heartbeat. The fly stitch is used to make stems for flowers. I haven't added the blooms to my flowers yet. I hope to do more of this on my trip. Thought I would give you a peek.

No comments:

Post a Comment