Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Simplicity 2944

My youngest daughter wanted me to buy this pattern well over a year ago. My oldest daughter (18) was looking through my patterns the other day and really liked the View B dress for her white/orange polka dot knit fabric. I made her cut out all the pattern pieces last week. Today I cut the pieces out of her fabric and sewed it up in about 1 hour. There are only 4 pieces and I was able to serge everything but the gathered fronts. I cut it out for a size 14 girl and the crazy thing fits me right now. Once she tries it on, I will use the serger to adjust the side seams and shoulder seams to fit her. That dressform will be so handy!!! Overall the pattern is pretty cute, but this knit is so thin, she will have to wear a full slip. It definitely has more shape on than it does here on the hanger. It looks rather large and frumpy hanging there. It would be great pajamas or a nice bathing suit cover up. Lots of possibilities. I think if the knit was a little sturdier, it would not be quite so big. If you are looking for a simple knit spring/summer dress pattern, look no further. (Dress is not hemmed)

No comments:

Post a Comment