Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Saturday, January 1, 2011

Home is Where Your Hearth Is




My whole family has been working on our new fireplace this week and my daughter's boyfriend has done 2 layers of Pro-Crete on our hearth.  It looks so good and we can't wait for it to be finished so we can sit in front of it! We have been scrubbing all the rocks that my hubby & son retrieved from our creek and then fitting them like a puzzle on the wall.  I love the progress, but it is a time consuming and very MESSY job! My house is a wreck and dust is everywhere from grinding the rocks to fit and mixing the powder mortar in the house due to the weather.  I am sure it will all be worth it when our house is toasty warm-YAHOO! I'll put more pics up tomorrow or Monday of the hearth dry. The last picture is of the tape being pulled up to form the stone look-that is so cool.  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment