Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Friday, January 28, 2011

This Little Piggy...

I am going to a baby shower for a sweet friend tomorrow and I have a few store bought gifts for the baby, but I also wanted to do something homemade. I bought the Martha Stewart craft book from Barnes & Noble and it has so many ideas in it that I want to try. I decided to make a felted wool pig for the baby's room. I had never felted wool, so I went to Goodwill and bought several wool sweaters that received a healthy dose of hot water and even hotter dryer treatment. They all came out very nicely. I chose this deep red wool for the pig and I think he turned out really cute. I decided to use Fisherman's wool yarn to outline the stitch lines on the pig and I really like that. He really looks like an old toy with that added effect. I just sewed on 2 small black buttons for eyes and inserted a pipe cleaner in the tail for curl and VOILA!
I finished a cream wool cowl on a recent trip and I have some progress on my Simplicity pattern. I haven't taken pics yet, but I will. I also have a baby boy quilt in progress for my sister in law. Will post some pictures of the fabric squares I have cut soon. Hope everyone has a productive weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment