Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The eyelet skirt

My daughter ripped this page out of an April 2011 magazine because it had a cute pleated skirt on it. That is why I just made the Butterick pleated skirt pattern for her. I noticed that it also had an eyelet skirt that was $158-(you got to be kidding me right)? My mom gave me a bunch of her stash fabric last year when we went on the quilt retreat and I remembered there was some eyelet in it. I simply left the fabric doubled so that it would have its own slip and then put in a double elastic waist like the one in the picture. I used 3/4 inch elastic. The border meant no hemming-Yahoo! It turned out really cute and the cost was less than $1. That is much better than $158! It needs to be washed to soften it up and then I will decide if it needs to be pressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment