Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Ups and Downs of Tucks

The Sewing Book by Alison Smith is a great resource to have in your sewing library in my opinion. It is full of lovely color pictures and many neat projects in the back. One that caught my eye was a cute skirt for children. It is a simple elastic waist skirt, but with the cutest row of tucks at the bottom that go up and down. She then embellished the up tucks with embroidery flowers and stems. I have never made tucks on anything and I found it isn't as easy as it looks. I wanted them all even and I don't think I stitched them down in the right place, but the effect is basically the same. I will want to practice this more because I love the look. I also used my blind hem foot. I have never done a blind hem on any machine. I usually do a machine hem that shows or I do it by hand. This is also a technique that will require some practice to get totally perfect. It is just fun learning and trying all these new things!

No comments:

Post a Comment