Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Oven Fried Tilapia

We had a lovely vacation in Hilton Head, SC.  We go every year and it is always so nice to get away from the normal for a while.  We went to the beach and unfortunately  had several jellyfish stings.  They were rampant several of the days we were there.  We swam in the pool and rode bikes and watched TV.  We don't have regular TV in our house.  We are only equipped to do DVD's,  so we always watch Food Network while we are on vacation and TV Land and the old movie channel.  We got in several Myrna Loy and William Powell movies last week.  I just love them together.  Oh well, the Food Network sparked my creative juices(so to say) and I bought some Tilapia when we got back.  This recipe I came up with was really good!  Everybody but Alli ate it-she hates fish!  So here it is:
4-6 Tilapia fillets (thawed and patted dry)
2 Tbsp plain yogurt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

Mix yogurt and pepper and lightly brush each side of the fish. (See HINT below)

Mix together in a pie plate:
3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/2-3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Italian seasoning (I rub it in my hand to open up the flavor of the dried herbs)

Press fish in breadcrumb mixture to coat. (HINT: I brushed one side with the yogurt and then put it in the breadcrumbs.  Then I brushed the top side with yogurt and spooned crumbs over the top to coat.  Just press each side to make sure it is completely covered.)  Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.  I turned mine over halfway through the bake time.  YUMMY! (Sorry no pictures, but we ate it too fast!)

No comments:

Post a Comment