Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Tomatoes, Peppers and Weeds-Oh My!

My garden is almost like a scene in a scary movie. If we just had some B movie music for the background. You could seriously get lost or eaten in there! Katy and I went out last night and picked tomatoes, green and banana peppers and viewed many eaten cantaloupes. The deer are having a hayday! I have put up about 20 quarts of tomatoes, but that is pitiful considering how many plants we have. Many are splitting or are being eaten before I get to them, but I am glad we have some for the fall and winter. There is nothing like macaroni and tomatoes or soup and chili with home grown tomatoes! Apples are my next big task. They should be ready in a couple of weeks. Yahoo! Last year I put up about 80 quarts of apples. About 70 of those were apple pie filling. I have used those like crazy all year long. I figure we will give the garden a few more weeks and then I hope to turn it. All those nasty weeds will suffer a painful death!

No comments:

Post a Comment