Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Saturday, August 14, 2010

A working fridge and a fresh spinach quiche

My fridge is fixed and so is my icemaker.  I hate the ridiculous charge, but I am glad to have my fridge back. I decided to make a few things today in celebration of having a place to keep cold items again.  I pulled several fresh spinach quiche recipes off the web, but didn't really like any of them.  So once again I have adjusted recipes to make my own. ( I bought spinach on sale yesterday for $1.00 so I had to use it today before it went all wilty on me.) So here is my recipe and boy it is buttery and yummy good.

1 stick of butter
1 small white onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 1/2 tsp garlic pepper (you could use fresh garlic-probably a clove or 2)
1 pkg fresh spinach-pre washed and ready to eat
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 cups shredded italian cheese blend
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp nutmeg
5 large eggs
1/4 half and half
1/3 chopped ham (I just cut up some Va Baked deli ham)
(I think you could sub bacon or sausage for different flavors)

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 8X11 pan.
In a 3 quart pot, melt butter on medium  heat.  Add chopped onion and garlic pepper (fresh garlic). Cook a few minutes to soften.  Add sea salt and paprika.  Put fresh spinach in and stir to coat with butter. Reduce heat to low and cover your pot. Steam for about 5 minutes then remove from heat.  In a small bowl whisk eggs and cream. Add pepper and nutmeg to egg mixture.  Place 3/4 cup cheese in bottom of dish.  Spoon the spinach mixture on top of cheese-including the butter. Place the chopped ham on next. Pour egg mixture over spinach and ham layers.  Top with remaining cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes.  Let set for 5 minutes before cutting.  Serve with fresh chopped tomatoes or with toast and fruit.  Wow this had amazing flavor and the fresh spinach and butter really makes this good.  I don't think I would substitute fake butter or frozen spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment