Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Monday, April 12, 2010

Apple Blossoms

We bought this farm several years ago, but have only lived here for 2. When we first bought the land it was all grown up with briars and just lots of junk! My husband cleaned out around this little apple orchard, but we still had to take a few of the trees down. We now only have 4 up near the house. We have been trimming them back every year, but wondered if they would ever bear fruit. We don't really know what kind of apples they are. Last year we had 7 apples! I ended up going to 2 local apple orchards and buying large quantities of Jonathons, WineSap, Macintosh and a few other varities. We put up apple butter and a ton of apple pie filling. It has been so conveinent to make apple crisp, apple pie or fried apples in about 30 minutes. I will definitely do it again this year. Oh well, all that to say this year our apple trees are covered in blossoms. I took pictures of them on Saturday, so I thought I would share our little victory with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment