Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Retro Shift Dress

I have recently purchased the book http://chicandsimplesewing.com by Christine Haynes. I have made several circle skirts and a wrap skirt and tried this retro shift dress. AAARRGGHH! I took the neckband out three times. I just can't quite figure it out. I am a relatively stable, educated female, but for some reason this stumped me. I just wanted my mom to come fix it for me, but alas she is in another state! I sent her pictures and read her instructions and I still don't like the end result. The neckband went a little crooked and it is a healthy reminder that I am a "trainee" when it comes to sewing projects. I just laugh and rip and laugh and rip some more! It is a good thing my seam ripper is ergonomically designed-hee hee. I will try another one soon, but for now here is my lovely 18 year old wearing said catastrophe! She makes anything look great.

No comments:

Post a Comment