Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Thursday, April 8, 2010

Coffee and a new (old) pattern

My coffee is hot and the banana bread is oh so good! I have decided to try a new pattern from Nanny's stash for this weekend. It is Simplicity 4615 , there is no date, but I am pretty sure it is late 50's or early 60's. I like that it says "Simple To Make" on the front. I always find those words to be like a two-edged sword. On the one hand, it is comforting to think that this might be easy. On the other hand, when I struggle to figure it out and the dress will not go together, I feel like those words are placed there to taunt me! We will see. I want to make view 2 for my 12 year old. She loves the full skirt. I just wonder where these skinny waisted people came from. Obviously these photos and drawings did not include the effects of childbirth. I will post my progress. Not sure what fabric I will use yet. I would love to buy something new, but my bags in the closet must be put to use first.

No comments:

Post a Comment