Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Monday, April 19, 2010

Simplicity and Schoolhouse

I have gotten my Simplicity 4615 to the point of putting in the zipper and hemming. I think I may have to adjust a little where the zipper goes in. My sides are quite meeting. I hate that. This is only my second zipper to put in and I wish it would just work. Oh well! In the mean time, I bought the Sew Liberated Schoolhouse Tunic pattern, which you can get at http://sewmamasew.com/. I put it together and I really like it. It was a relatively easy pattern, which is necessary for me as a beginner. I had read reviews on it and found that helpful. You don't have to gather the sleeves before you sew them in. The box pleats were simple to do and look nice. I decided to color block a little, so I added sleeves in an offwhite cotton. ( Had not hemmed the sleeves in the pics that make me look rather large for some reason-yuck!) I will definitely make this one again. Now back to the Simplicity sewing!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment