Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Bundt cakes baby!

Tonight is our banquet to support the crisis pregnancy center in our area. I have volunteered the last couple of years to help with the homemade desserts that are served at all 800+ place settings. We have 3 teams who help coordinate and secure desserts for the evening. Last year I made quite a few of the 240 pieces I was responsible for. It is an easy way for me to give to a great cause. This year many of the moms who are in my co-op group have sweetly volunteered their services and "yummy" baked goods for tonight. I made 8 bundt cakes yesterday--I know one is missing from the photo-- we ate it! Bundt cakes are very easy and you can add things to them to enhance their flavor. Have you had a bundt cake lately? They are moist and very easy to slice. I made 8 different varieties, but one of our favorites is triple chocolate.
1 boxed chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1- 4 ounce pkg of INSTANT chocolate pudding
1 3/4 cup of milk
6-12 ounces of chocolate chips
Combine all ingredients by hand and pour into a well greased bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes depending on your oven. The cake should spring back to the touch when it is done--if you don't have a cake tester. You can eat this as is and it is wonderful with coffee. For an added sweetness-dust with powdered sugar(very pretty). If you want a chocolate overload make a ganache to drizzle over it. Wow! That is some serious chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment