Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Friday, April 30, 2010

Finishing the Frock by Friday!

Well it is almost done!  All I have left is the hem and some possible serging to keep some frayed ends in check.  I hate invisible zippers.  I don't have an invisible zipper foot, so mine isn't exactly invisible.  I did sew my sash in to the bodice and it turned out pretty good.  Not so sure about all-in-one facings---they are a tad bit confusing for me.  I did manage to figure it all out and learned some new techniques by doing this dress.  I love the way the dress hangs.  It is a relatively slimming dress, so I think I would make it again.  Maybe next time would go faster.  Not too bad though.  A new dress in a week.
New techniques:
A pattern with no seam allowance-make your own-(I kind of like those already figured in)
All-in-one facing-I think I will like the finished look once I get a better handle on this one
Invisible zipper-so far I haven't met any zipper I really like
Ruffles-this part was fun and I am already working on another ruffle project!

No comments:

Post a Comment