Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Butterick Blues

Well my 12 year old decided that she wanted to sew today-(daughter)Yippee! She chose pattern 2625 from Butterick (50's/60's)-(daughter)Yay! She had to iron her lovely fabric of choice-(daughter)Groan! She had to fight with 3 yards of material and get things pinned down and then I told her she had to make sure the pieces were on the grain-(daughter)I Don't Want To Sew Anymore! I finished measuring, pinning and cutting the pattern out. I love all things sewing right now. Well this adds another vintage project to my to do list. I am sure it will be "Quick and Easy". Did I mention that I have to rip the side seam out of the Simplicity dress? The side seams did not quite match up, so I am in the process of fixing it. Then I can sew that little zipper in and hem that one up!-WooHoo! I put the pics of the pattern in with her fabric choice. It is the M'Liss Fabric line that Hancock Fabrics carries.

1 comment:

  1. I noticed that the pattern said "Quick and Easy" I don't think they are telling the truth? Making a dress has never been quick and easy for me!
    Sandra M.
    FBC Concord Quilter

    ReplyDelete