Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Baby lap quilt

We have another new baby in our congregation as of Sunday night. A sweet little baby boy that I hope to get a peek at this week sometime. I recently cut out tons of quilt squares for my sister in law's baby quilt. It is a mixture of cottons, flannels, suede and chenille. I had quite a few extra squares so yesterday I got a top put together. It still needs ironing and squaring up. It will just be a small lap quilt, but I think it will be cute just the same. I think I am going to use sheeting on the back and the same baby blue blanket binding to finish it off. The squares look cute together. I am not a quilter but want to learn to make them. My mom quilts constantly and I am once again looking forward to my quilt retreat in April with her. I was glad to have a 1/4 inch foot that came with a walking foot for my Kenmore machine. I couldn't use the snap on 1/4 inch foot because my Kenmore is a screw on low shank machine. So yay that I kept it because it was a huge help yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment