Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Friday, February 11, 2011

The Book of Flat Pattern Making

I bought this book for $4 at Mckay's Used Bookstore in Knoxville-awesome place if you happen to be in Ktown. I am finding it interesting so far. The thought of being able to draft changes to commercial patterns in order to achieve the "perfect" fit is a wonderful thought. I have been reading the rules about darts and I can't believe there are so many. The book gives you a list of handy tools that you will need in order to make pattern changes. Thankfully I have most of these--or actually my son does. We have given him different types of rulers over the years because he is rather particular about line drawing. So, I have a flexible ruler and several French curves and a transparent 3" ruler too. I will definitely have to do more reading before I would feel confident enough to tackle a pattern, but it is definitely fun to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment