Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Saturday, February 12, 2011

Colette Madeline Bloomers Complete

I finally finished my cute little bloomers today! I had to run the elastic through the 2 casings in the waist and the ribbon through the casing in the legs. I love this material. These will be great sleep shorts in the summer. I do know they look better on little skinny legged people like my girls. I spared you all a pic of me in them! My husband said they are cute-that is all that matters! I was busy trying to clean out my car some today, but I am a bit under the weather and have felt sort of tired all day. I did start a new pattern tonight and did quite a bit. I was making chicken pot pie for our dinner and a big pot of veggie soup for a church family until about 8 pm. Then I decided that I wanted to make a skirt-(any reason to use my new toy). I bought 2 yards of the same butter suede I used in my baby quilt. It felt so good and I love the camel color. I am using Simplicity 4611 from early 1960's. I am making the straight skirt with pleat and side zip. I managed to get the gathering, darts, pleat and side seams done tonight and I had to cut the pattern out as well. It is going pretty quickly. Maybe tomorrow afternoon I can get the zip in and the wasitband on. Not sure-sewing? nap? sewing? nap?

1 comment:

  1. Missed you at church today! Love the shorts! So cute. Today Elizabeth and I made her a doll from fabric scraps. She named her "Charlotte". I had a ball doing it with her.

    kelly

    ReplyDelete