Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Monday, February 21, 2011

Mahi Mahi

My husband LOVES fish! He normally doesn't go grocery shopping with me. It all overwhelms him. On Wednesday night after church, all of our kids went home together and he came with me to finish shopping. I try to multi-task when I do go to town. Living 30 minutes away makes you think about how you spend your time while out there. I went and did all the "dry or non-perishable" shopping before church, so that I only needed to get the cold items after. It was a little too warm to leave everything in the car for a couple of hours. So my husband ended up buying aome fresh mahi mahi. I don't cook much fish except Tilapia. I did a little looking on the internet for recipes. Most of them were pretty simple. I thought I would try a little oriental flair though. I mixed 3 Tbsp. each-honey, reduced sodium soy sauce and balsamic vinegar together. I added 1/2 tsp dried ginger and 1 tsp freshly crushed garlic. I then poured the mixture into a shallow platter and put the flesh side of the fish down. Let marinate in fridge for atleast 20 minutes. Then I used my grill pan-love love love this addition to my kitchen! I put the heat on about 7 (med high) and rubbed the skin side of the fish with a little olive oil and sea salt. Make sure your pan is oiled or sprayed and hot before putting the fish in. If it isn't hot -it will stick! I grilled each side for about 5-6 minutes. My steaks were atleast an inch thick. You have to watch cooking the fleshy side too long. The honey will get sticky and burn. I made rice in my rice cooker and used my Caphalon wok pan to sautee snow peas, carrots, green onion and cabbage. I used the Caphalon wok seasoning and soy sauce to flavor the veggies. It was a pretty meal and I thought it was rather tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment