Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Thursday, February 3, 2011

More sashiko...

I haven't made too much progress today, but I did put some additional stitches on my sashiko project. I was able to do multiple stitches at once, like you would for hand quilting and it went much faster with less wear and tear on my wrist. I have done some research on my decoupage idea and I am obviously not the only one thinking about my idea. I would really like to do trivets with the sashiko design decoupaged and then sealed with high heat sealant. The sealant looks to be a bit costly, but if it covered all the trivets, it wouldn't be too bad. I think they would make great Christmas persents. You could do wall plaques and not need the sealant, but a trivet might be more purposeful. I would use ceramic tile as the backing. I read about using glass tiles and putting the decoupage on the bottom side. I don't think I like that idea as much. For now the task at hand is to finish the embroidery. Oh and I have a surprise that I will share next week-can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment