Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!



Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sashiko Embroidery

My right wrist is obviously still sore from knitting projects I guess, so I decided to set that aside and work on some Sashiko embroidery. Requires a little different motion of my hand. This is also in my Martha Stewart Craft book. Several different patterns to print and use. It is a simple running stitch, but you have to try to make them all the same size. I love the cool effects the patterns have once you get several on your fabric. This is a butter cream linen with red floss. Not sure what I will do with it, but I have an idea that requires some research on decoupage. Tomorrow night is our ladies night out and we are all making pomp a doodle scarves-FUN! Hopefully my wrist will feel better.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Andrea,
    I love it! I'm interested in what you are going to do with it that requires decoupage. Hmmmm...Still knitting away on my socks and trying to finish up a flannel rag quilt. Hopefully I can get it done before Spring!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is prettier than pretty! Will make something really neat... Would love to have a summer skirt like that! You might consider a smaller hoop. It might be easier to keep going around with and less stress on your other wrist! Have fun with your scarves - wish I could join you!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice, I hope your wrist gets better love to see more.

    ReplyDelete